An Ohio woman had to be hospitalized after a boa constrictor she had rescued a day before wrapped itself around her body and started biting her face.
The panicked 45-year-old woman called 911 to inform that one of the two boa constrictors she had rescued and adopted a day earlier was stuck to her face.
“I have a boa constrictor stuck to my, my face,” the woman said on the call to 911.
“Ma’am, you have a what?” the dispatcher enquired.
“Boa constrictor,” the woman replied and gave the dispatcher the address of her home on East Lake Road.
“I’ve never heard of this before,” the dispatcher told emergency responders.
“There’s blood everywhere,” the woman said.
The dispatcher then asked the woman if she was having trouble breathing or swallowing.
“No, I’m just scared,” she replied. “Oh God, hurry, please!”
The woman was lying in her driveway with the snake wrapped around her head when the firefighters arrived.
The emergency responders had to cut off the snake’s head with a pocket knife in order to remove it from the woman’s face. The woman was then rushed to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
It’s unclear how the constrictor was able to attack the woman, but local reporters discovered a cage in the woman’s driveway on Friday.
The woman said she had a total of 11 snakes at her home Apart from the two boa constrictors, the rest all are ball pythons. Neither species if poisonous.