The suspect in the New York City terrorist attack, that killed 8, has been named

Written by Neha Monga
November 01, 2017  

The suspect, that killed eight people on Tuesday when he drove a rented pickup truck into a a bike lane that runs along the West Side Highway in Lower Manhattan, has been identified as Sayfullo Saipov by US media.

Image result for new york terror attack

The 29-year-old Uzbek national, Saipov,  was shot in the abdomen by a cop after he got out of his car at Chambers and West streets and pulled out a pellet gun and a paintball gun while screaming “Allahu Akbar” — Arabic for God is good, police sources said.

He also left behind a note claiming he carried out the deadly assault in the name of the ISIS militant group, according to reports that Reuters could not immediately confirm

SEE ALSO :  Khichdi will not be made ‘national food,’ says Harsimrat Kaur Badal

The suspect is currently at a hospital, where he refused to answer an initial round of questions, according to NBC News.

The Mayor of New York Bill de Blasio declared this “an act of terror,” at an evening press conference.

Saipov who was born in February 1988, moved to the United States seven years ago from Uzbekistan, a Central Asian country that was once part of the Soviet Union. He is reported to have lived in Ohio, Florida and New Jersey since then.

Image result for new york terror attack

Saipov was an Uber driver and passed the company’s background check, according to an Uber statement, the Associated Press reported.

SEE ALSO :  Jain couple from MP leave behind 3-year-old daughter and 100 crore property to embrace monkhood

An Uzbek immigrant, who met Saipov in Florida several years ago told the Times that Saipov worked as a truck driver there but began driving for Uber when he moved to New Jersey.

“He was a very good person when I knew him,” Kobiljon Matkarov told the newspaper. “He liked the US He seemed very lucky and all the time he was happy and talking like everything is O.K. He did not seem like a terrorist, but I did not know him from the inside.”

President Donald Trump tweeted his “condolences and prayers” to the victims of the attack.

Despite the carnage, the Village Halloween Parade, which draws thousands of revellers every year, still went on.

SEE ALSO :  For The First Time, Indian Breed Dogs To Serve The Nation And Be A Part Of Indian Army.

“We know that this action was intended to break our spirit but we also know New Yorkers are strong, New Yorkers are resilient,” Mayor de Blasio said.

“And our spirit will never be moved by an act of violence, an act meant to intimidate us.”

   

Comments

Top News

Check out the 8 best g...

Here is a list of 8 best games we feel should be installed on every gaming ...

Video of Virat Kohli a...

Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh’s claim to have trained several sports bigwigs ...

Top 10 Biggest Man Mad...

The world is a beautiful place as we all know. And we also know that it ...

10 Must have Luxury Tr...

Here is our list of top 10 luxury travel experiences in India: 1.The Jiva ...